10 March 2013

Nathan's Letter Dated 3-4-13


¿Cómo estan po?

Hey guys, I hope you had a great week. So my new companion, Elder Hancock, got here on Thursday morning and we got to work without delay. He came with two other missionaries who are currently living with us in our small apartment because we still haven´t found a place for them to live. To top off the arrival of two more missionaries, the famous ants of La Serena found our apartment as well. They found their way through the wall and into our kitchen. We got home late and night and turned on the lights to find a literal mountain of ants on our wall. haha it was terrible, but today we bought a few things to repair our walls and shut them back out again. Fortunately, winter is right around the corner and they should all die very soon. The work is going very well here, and we are really having a fun time together.

I decided that I wanted to make the most of the time that I have left in the mission, so my companion and I decided to do a fast of all the things that we do that might offend God. We started changing the words we used, the things we said, and even our thoughts. It has been very tough, and we have just started, but I can already see the effects of what we are doing. For example, just this morning during my studies I felt an impression to stop everything I was doing and just listen. I felt that what I was currently studying wasn’t what I needed, and I decided to start something completely different. I am now starting over the Book of Mormon and am reading it focused on a specific theme. I felt additional light and comprehension during my study and I know that that extra guidance comes from God as an answer to my fasting and my prayers.

I hope you guys have a great week,

Elder Hales



The La Serena 1st Ward Elders after Correlation.  (Photo courtesy of Brother Mike Thompson)
Elder Holmes from Bountiful, UT, arrived in Chile just this week from the MTC.
Elder Marvin from Vale, OR
Elder Hales from Grays Creek, NC
Elder Hancock from Winslow, AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment