12 March 2013

Nathan's Letter Dated Mar 11, 2013


Hola!

Hey so I had an awesome week. My companion and I went down to Viña again for a meeting on Friday and it was really inspiring. We talked a lot about the power of prayer. I reflected a lot on my life and the prayers that I have done and I realized that the prayers that really had a large effect on my life were the prayers that were full of desire and faith.

Well, this week we finally attacked and destroyed all of the ants in our apartment. We bought tanax and we went to town and eliminated all of them. And, they haven´t come back!

This morning we also had a sweet activity at our church with the other missionaries of the zone. We played games like sack races and three legged races and then played soccer. During that, my companion and I were grilling up all sorts of meat to eat.

Okay so this week I had a great study about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Here is a cool quote from the Book of Mormon:

"And thus we see that all mankind were fallen, and they were in the grasp of justice; yea, the justice of God, which consigned them forever to be cut off from his presence.

But there is a law given, and a punishment affixed, and a repentance granted; which repentance, mercy claimeth; otherwise, justice claimeth the creature and executeth the law, and the law inflicteth the punishment; if not so, the works of justice would be destroyed, and God would cease to be God.
But God ceaseth not to be God, and mercy claimeth the penitent, and mercy cometh because of the atonement; and the atonement bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead; and the resurrection of the dead bringeth back men into the presence of God; and thus they are restored into his presence, to be judged according to their works, according to the law and justice.

For behold, justice exerciseth all his demands, and also mercy claimeth all which is her own; and thus, none but the truly penitent are saved."

So I had to read this like 7 times, but when I finally understood it made so much sense to me. Only through repentance can we be saved from the law of justice. Only through Christ and His sacrifice may we repent and be forgiven. Thus, the great importance of declaring repentance to all through the faith in Jesus Christ. As a missionary, I am making sure that the sacrifice of God in sending His Beloved Son wasn´t in vain. Everybody can repent, no matter what we have done, and God can forgive us. There is nothing more sweet or relieving than to feel clean through repentance.

I love you guys, have a great week, and let us all spend more time on our knees in repentance.

Elder Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment