22 January 2013

Nathan's Letter dated Jan 21, 2013

Hey!!
Everything is going really great. La Serena is actually probably one of the best areas to be during the summer in Chile. There are many tourists here because the weather is really great. It probably doesn`t get hotter than 80 degrees here, and the sun really isn`t that strong. I am so lucky! haha. This week was really good. We found lots of new people who are really awesome! Hopefully, next week all of them will be at church!

A couple of great experiences this week. Elder Montero and I felt we should visit former investigators and less actives as we looked for more people to teach. We had great success! We found one lady who is not a member but whose son lives in New York, and the son is getting sealed in the temple there this week. She had read the Book of Mormon and attended church in New York but had been to shy to attend in Chile. We also found another lady who hadn't been to church in 15 years, but this Sunday she came with several non-member family members.

My companion, Elder Montero, is from Lima, Peru. He is awesome, and we get along really well. My Spanish is getting really good, I am really comfortable speaking, and my accent is getting a lot better with my new companion. Hope you have a great week!

Elder Hales

Elder Montero, Nathan's new companion, is from Lima, Peru. 


No comments:

Post a Comment