15 January 2013

TRANSFERRED! Nathan's letter dated Jan 15, 2013


LA SERENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey big surprise, I am here in La Serena once again!!! I left Valparaíso yesterday morning and took a bus all the way to La Serena. I went from one end of the mission to the other, but I am so, so excited to be here. This is the best zone in the mission, and my companion is really awesome as well. Elder Montero from Peru is my companion. He has the same time as Elder Juarez in the mission, 14 months, and is full of excitement. My ward is called La Serena 1, and it has some really awesome members. I don´t know if you guys remember, but this area of Chile is really well off, maybe the richest place in the country. I worked in the upper part of La Serena the last time, but now I am working here in the center of the city. We are currently living in a pretty nice apartment, but we are moving to an even better one that is in the nicer part of the city. 

Last week was really fun, we taught some awesome people and many of them are making changes in their lives in order to be happy. I was actually pretty sad to go, because I will not be able to see many of those people get baptized in person, but hopefully, I will be able to see some of the photos.

This week will be full of miracles and funny stories, so next week I will be able to let you guys know what happens. I am just really happy to be here and to be helping people come unto Christ. I want to leave you guys with a scripture that really helped me prioritize the many things that I have to do in my life. It is found in the Book of Mormon, in the book of Helaman in the thirteenth chapter and the thirty-eighth verse:

"Yea, for ye have sought all the days of your lives for that which ye could not obtain; and ye have sought for happiness in doing iniquity, which thing is contrary to the nature of that righteousness which is in our great and Eternal Head."

Happiness is found in the service of others, and in the service of our God. Happiness is not found in any other way, and we can search our WHOLE LIVES for happiness, but we will not find it without keeping the commandments of God and unselfishly serving others. 

Un abrazo fuerte,
Elder Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment