01 February 2012

Nathan's Letter Jan 29, 2012

Hey guys,

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes! It was an awesome week, and an awesome birthday. I received lots of cake and presents from home and here in Chile. It really was strange to turn twenty! But I am super excited to be where I am, and be doing what I am doing. Everyday is a new challenge!

My birthday was great. I was on an exchange in a different part of Ovalle, but I ate some oatmeal that my parents sent me (by the way mom I have a Walmart here and can pretty much buy everything I could need there. It is called Lider if ya wanna look it up) and opened up a few presents from home. I went out and worked for a few hours and then ate lunch with a family who had tried to make chocolate chip cookies. The only problem was they tried to make them like a cake. Haha they turned out very burnt, my mom would have loved them :D. Then, I had a family home evening with an awesome family from the ward where I enjoyed cake and chorrascos (Chilean hamburgers). Then we taught a few lessons and had ANOTHER family home evening with investigators who provided cake and food. Whoo, I was full! It was a great day full of memories and fun experiences.

We are going to have another baptism this week and the following two weeks. We are really finding and helping some amazing people here in Ovalle. I hope that I will be able to stay here another transfer. We only have two more weeks in this one.

Thank you for all of the support and prayers that you have given in my behalf. I really can feel their power. I feel every single day that what I am doing here is right. There is not a better feeling than knowing that God is pleased with you. I invite every single person who reads this to do a little self-evaluation and see if there is something that you should change in your life. Then, repent! You will feel better if you do. God has sent His Son, who has paid for your sins. All you need to do is accept that sacrifice in your life. I know that this will make you happy. I know that this is true.

Elder Hales
Keep the Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment