31 December 2011

December 12th, 2011

Hola!
Merry Christmas from CHILE!!! There is, unfortunately, no chance of snow for me this Christmas. But, we are planning an awesome ward activity for next Saturday, and we are going to get every single less-active member to come to the activity! Chile is awesome, but there are a TON of less-active members.
So just a quick update on the people that we are working with:
Yeime (pronounced like Jaime) will be baptized one day after her marriage on the 24th of December!!! WHOOO!
The rest of the family are working hard on their baptisimal date as well. We are going to get that family sealed for time and all eternity!!!
We are also working with a fun lady called Patricia. She speaks fluent Hebrew, and she lived in Israel for several years. She is way cool, and we are looking towards January for a baptism.
We are doing a lot of searching!

So I received a few packages and letters last week, and I wanted to give a shout out to a couple of people.

Thank you Mom, Dad, Erika, Lauren, and Justin!
Thank you Grandma Lockhart for the letters! Keep up all the awesome stories, and don´t worry, I am NOT homesick :D
Thank you Grandma Hales for the letter! I hope you all have a blast in the birthplace of our Lord!
Thank you Hansen Family!! I just received your halloween package, and it was awesome!!!!
Thank you Harper and Hunt family for the letters!!!
Thank you Hope Mills 1st ward for the letters from the primary kids.

I am super excited for Christmas here in Limari. My companion travels to Viña on Christmas day, or before, so I will be companion-less for Christmas. However, I think I will still be able to talk to my family via skype! I am happy to be sharing this precious time with my fellow Chileans. I love this work. I love the Lord. Read the Book of Mormon please. Open your heart!!!

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that we are also working with an awesome family from Peru. There is a huge house full, and a husband and wife who live there are about to get sealed in the temple. The other family members aren´t baptized.... yet!


Love you all!!

Elder Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment