03 June 2013

Nathan's Letter Dated June 3, 2013


Hey guess what? Today I am going to learn how to make empanadas, and we can make them when I get home! It should be super yummy. 


Hey so this week was sweet. Felipe and Vanessa both went to church again and so did our friend, Willer, and a new family that we found this week. Willer is a 13-year old joven (youth) that we have been teaching for about a month now. He is really excited to go to church and he is even more excited to get baptized. 

This week we had a great experience that was definitely an answer to my prayers. We have been trying to talk with as many people as we possibly can about the gospel and we even talk to them in the street. Last Thursday my companion and I talked to a really nice lady who was coming home from work. She seemed a little down, so we tried to cheer her up a little bit. She invited us over to her house the next day. We went and taught her Friday and Saturday. Sunday she went to church with her entire family, and they are progressing well. The most amazing part of this story was the fact that earlier in the day, in fact just seconds earlier, we talked to a lot of people who were disinterested in learning more or even hearing about God. Then, we found the right person at the right time with the right message. I know it was not coincidence that we found Claudia and her family.

So this week we have my last trip down to Viña del Mar on Friday. I am very excited to go and to participate one last time. I will be able to bear my testimony that day about the mission and my experience here in Chile. 


Have a great week!

Un abrazo,

Elder Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment