28 May 2013

Nathan's Letter Dated 5-20-13



Well, this week was crazy. Haha my companion, Elder Hancock left yesterday to go to Viña, and will be home this Wednesday. We had a really good last week together, it was really fun and we were really busy. The best part of the week was, as you can imagine, Felipe´s baptism. He got baptized on Saturday, along with another kid named Tsuyoshi. Felipe had been investigating the church for over a year, and so a lot of people from the ward came to support him. I was really happy, and was able to talk to a lot of the missionaries who had worked with him during the year, and they were all very happy. He told me that the reason why he got baptized now was because he wanted to be a good example for his kids, and he also knew that this was what he needed to do to progress in his life.

After the flurry of baptisms that we have had in the ward this month, we have a lot of work ahead of us in order to strengthen and help the new members. At the same time, we need to work with all of the friends and family of these new members who haven´t had the chance to learn about the gospel.

So I should be getting my new, and last, companion this Thursday. I am really hoping that we are going to be able to work really hard for the next month and a half that I have left in Chile. There are so many amazing people and families that we have been teaching here, and I really hope that the work carries on with them.

I know that, because of Jesus Christ, we can all be together in families after this life if we are prepared and worthy.

Un abrazo,

Elder Hales


Felipe's Baptism
Compadres en la mision - Elders Wilson, Hales, Hancock, and Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment