29 March 2013

Nathan's Letter Dated Mar 25, 2013


Hola!!

Como estamos?? Hey so this week was sweeet. It went by really, really fast though! We had lots of success finding new people to teach this week. Alejandro is also doing really well, he is the man. He is going to get baptized on the 6th of April and is really excited for that day. So I had a really funny story this week. On Saturday morning the bishop invited my companion and I to a combined mutual activity at the park in order to contact the director and his workers. Also, a lot of the youth invited friends to come so we could get to know them. Well, we learned how to use a fire extinguisher and we ate choripan (a delicious hotdog type food). While we were there one of the youth challenged me to a footrace. I, of course, accepted. So, we ran down and back and I was winning about five feet from the finish line and I stepped into a hole in the grass and fell but did a huge superman slide on the grass to win... and came up short! haha everybody got a pretty good laugh out of my dive, especially after seeing all of the grass stains on my white shirt (don`t worry mom it came out no problem). I probably won´t ever hear the end of it...

So one of the favorite desserts here in Chile is lemon pie. I mean they just LOVE a good lemon pie here, so I have definitely eaten my share of pie this week. Also, pan de pascua (fruitcake) is the typical thing to eat while celebrating Easter here. In literally every house people offer us some!

Well, I love you guys and hope you have a great week!

Chao chao

Elder Hales 

A P-day visit to the La Serena light house










No comments:

Post a Comment