29 June 2012

Nathan's Letter Dated 6-11-12


Hola!

Còmo estaì? This week was really fun! We went to a little town and talked to everybody and taught a lot of people. It was so fun to go to an area where missionaries hadn´t been in over thirty years. We have been in search of that FAMILY that is just waiting for us. Who knows, maybe we already found them!
I had a pretty crazy experience this week teaching a family who lost a little daughter two years ago. It was incredible how much they have suffered, and might continue to suffer if they do not go to Christ. We did our best to testify of and share about the Atonement of Christ. I know that there were questions in their minds that neither I nor my companion could answer for them. I do know, however, that if they come unto Christ and allow Him to heal them that these questions will be answered.
We also had some great investigators and less-active members at church yesterday. That was AWESOME!!

Today we had a really fun activity as a zone. We played volleyball and ate home-made milkshakes. I also bought Campbell’s tomato soup and stuff for grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch when I get back. Sweet!

Tomorrow we are going to travel down to Coquimbo!! We have our last conference with President Gillespie before he finishes his three year mission and heads on home. I am sure it will be very memorable.

We are also working so so hard with our choir and piano students. The members here in Chile are so amazing. They work so hard and are so concentrated on doing their best, but they are all tone-deaf! Haha well not all, but a large majority. Nevertheless, we are working on two songs for the ward conference next month, and we will be having a cello solo. I currently am teaching around 7 or 8 members how to play the piano, and they are all hoping that I stay here for another change. We will found out next week.

Lately, I have been feeling like challenging every person I meet to be baptized. I am pretty sure it catches a few people by surprise :)

I love you guys (because you are reading my blog),

Elder Hales!

Keep the Faith



Taking a break to play some foosball in La Serena (courtesy of Elder Tonkinson's blog)

Elder Tonkinson and Elder Hales in La Serena (courtesy of Elder Tonkinson's blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment