14 June 2009

Justin's First Letter (6-11-09)

Hola!

Sorry this is so late coming - there is no free time to write! Man, this has been the craziest two days of my life! I am exhausted and have a sore throat. Hopefully, I don't end up with the swine.

A lot has been going on, so I can't give you all the details. But I'll try to fill you in when I get a chance. I am in an intermediate Spanish district. Beginners have had no Spanish and advanced are fluent. They made me District Leader.

Mi companero is an awesome guy. However, he is going home tomorrow because his step-dad has terminal liver cancer. Please pray for him. His name is Elder Diaz and his dad's name is Paul Hal. It's so sad.

Learning Spanish is awesome. Everyone speaks it all the time. I have class like all day, every day. By the way, dearelder.com works. Keep it up. The days go by so slow, but I hear it will pick up soon.

I have seen so many people here that I know. Not only is like half of my dorm here, but I see people from my classes and stuff. My teachers are pretty cool.

Please pray for me. I love you! I can only send letters twice a week, so please send me more than that! This is tougher than I thought, but I'm sure it will get better. Love you guys so much! Have a good time!

Love,
Elder Hales

P.S. The food is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment