26 December 2012

Nathan's Letter Dated Dec 24, 2012




Merry Christmas Everyone!
 

Karina got confirmed yesterday, and Bruno is getting baptized this Sunday, so we are really happy for them. We have been finding through our recent converts, and the dad of the familia Quiroz is now listening to us after we help him paint. Also, Bruno’s dad is not a member and for 16 years he has denied the missionaries, but we have taught him twice and he has lots of questions and doubts, so we are excited to help him. This week we also taught a really cool guy called Rodrigo. He is a student in college that is our age and speaks English really well for a Chilean. He had lots of questions for us, but promised to read the Book of Mormon and pray for an answer, so we are excited for him.

I feel like I am so far away from the distractions of the world, that this Christmas will be very special for me. Last Sunday, all of the speakers talked about putting Christ first before presents, parties, or other distractions. I sat there thinking about how I could do that better, and I realized that I already have been putting Christ first on the mission, and so I just need to keep doing what I am doing. I felt very grateful for the blessing of being a missionary and putting Christ first in my life. It is something that I hope to never change!


I love you guys,

Elder Hales


At a leadership meeting

Elders practicing what they've learned


Several zones pose for a picture


Elder Hales and Elder Juarez lead the discussion

Elder Hales bears his testimony

Each companionship acted out a scene from the scriptures or from the day-to-day life of a missionary.  I wonder what scene this is??


No comments:

Post a Comment