13 August 2011

Nathan's Letter 8-11-11


Hola!

So I think that I have 18 more days until I fly to CHILE! Not that I'm counting or anything... This has really been an amazing experience here at the MTC. It has been the most amazing when I am simply in my own little world immersed in the word of God. The scriptures are real, and they are powerful. When we dedicate our time to them, we will be happy. No question about it! I also am the happiest when I am in the middle of teaching somebody, and I can feel the Holy Ghost bear testimony to me and to the person that I am teaching that what I am saying is true. This almost always happens when I express the love that our Father in Heaven has for that person that I am teaching. This work that I am engaged in is a work of love. I feel that I am going to love the people of Chile, I mean really love them, as I feel the love that our God, our Father in Heaven, has for them. Then, I will do everything I possibly can to help them come unto our Savior. There they will find the answers to their questions, there they will find the ability to mend torn relationships, there they will be able to feel the peace of God in a world so full of hate.
 
Haha, wow I guess I might be a little passionate about this.
 
I want to let you know that missionary work is so important. It is so important. In Preach My Gospel, a prophet of God said something to the effect of: The gospel of Jesus Christ is the only thing that can unite this world. It is the only thing that bring peace to a world so full of war. It is the only thing that will thing that will save this world from a certain destruction.
 
Once again, if there is anybody reading this blog who hasn't read the Book of Mormon today, please stop reading right now and go read that book. I know it will change your life. It has changed mine. I know that this book is true. It was brought forth by the power of God through a prophet. Joesph Smith is the man! If you don't know who he is, ask someone who does. See how their face lights up. There is a reason! Joesph Smith was just a simple man, yet he has done more for you than you know. The Book of Mormon alone would be an amazing miracle. Jesus Christ restored His church through this simple man so that we can have the truths taught there. La iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias es verdadero. The teachings will bring you closer to the head of the church, Jesus Christ, and therein will you find happiness. I love you all, and I know that God loves you too.
 
Un abrazo,
Elder Hales
 
KTF

No comments:

Post a Comment