27 September 2010

What`s up,

Man, this week was full of everything!   First of all, we had the baptism of Cristian and Guiliana Pascual.  They have 8 and 10 years old (translation: they are 8 and 10 years old) and they got baptized together on Friday.  Their mom is already a member who was less active her whole life and their father, Eduardo, isn`t a member.  As soon as the parents get married, Eduardo can get baptized as well.  And man, the baptism of his kids ate up his heart, although he doesn`t like to show it.  But honestly, he`s super excited and the two are going to take out a turn to get married this week and will have to wait a month before the actual marriage date.  They were going to do it last week but got sick...aka El Diablo got involved.  But, after the baptism of their kids, they are super excited to get married.  In the baptism the primary sang a song and while we waited for them to change their clothes we had everybody there write them a little note of encouragement and at the same time, write down on another card the name of a friend who we could teach.  It worked out pretty good.

But, its been kinda tough finding new investigators.  However, we`re getting pretty good at contacts in the street and we`ve been passing by every member`s home every week.  The area right now just needs a little push and then it can get the motors fired up and will run by itself.  But, while doing a lot of contacts, we also have a lot of funny things happen.  For example, I talked to an old Argentine man with one of those hats that looks like the green beret.  He was outside of his house, listening to the radio and drinking mate (the only pastime of Argentine geesers).  I went up to talk to him with a big smile and before I could even speak he yelled at me: "Noooo, pibe!  No me amargues la vida!  Andaà!". That literally means: "Nooooo kid!  Don`t make my life even more bitter than it is by talking to me!  Go away!"  Haha it was pretty funny, I just laughed and my companion made fun of me all day.  But, the one good thing is that there aren`t any villas in this area so there are less encounters with drunks-druggies-etc.  Just angry Argentines.  


Well, transfers are next week.  Elder Leòn has been here in this area for 6 months, so that might mean he`s getting shipped out next week.  Stay tuned to find out what happens.  Hey so I don`t know if I told you guys about it, but we`ve been learning a lot about teaching with inspired questions, its working out great.  If I dominate it before I come back from the mission, maybe I`ll end up being a lawyer!  Haha!


I hope you guys are great, I love ya.  Enjoy the fall weather, I`ll be roasting down here.  Que estèn bien, un abrazo.


Elder Justin Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment