26 August 2009

Whats up homies?

So this week was tough! We didn´t teach as many people as we wanted because nobody was home when we went to their house! But we have five people who are going to be baptized next week. Its good stuff. I had a really good experience with Alvertina. We were at her house teaching and she was telling us about her problems. We told her how the gospel would help her with those problems, and the spirit was really strong. She started crying and said she wanted to be baptized. It was awesome! Her two daughters are going to be baptized with her, and her 16 year old son, who is a member, is going to baptize them. Then Alvertina´s family came to a family home evening at a family´s home from the ward. They live on the 3rd floor of a tiny room-home in the villa. So we all crammed in there and me and my comp taught about Jesus and Alvertina told everybody that she wanted to be baptized. It was cool. Anyway, I´m hoping I´ll have experiences like that every week, every day.

Also, if it is at all possible, you need to go to a latin grocery store and buy some dulce de leche. So far I´ve had it on bread, pancakes, fruit, in cake, and it is DELICIOUS. Seriously, its going to change your life. Do it for me. Do it for you children and grandchildren. Go buy some dulce de leche. Haha I ate dinner at this lady´s house and she told me that she has grandchildren who live in Oklahoma. And you´re not going to believe it. Guess where they went to for their family vacation last month. Myrtle beach, SC. Haha man that made me really homesick. But I´m ok now. Anyway, its funny to hear the people here talk English, they all want me to help them because a lot of them are taking English classes. Elder Jimenez, my companion, is really cool. He´s from Mexico and way laid back. But he works hard and has a desire to help others come to Christ. Well, I gotta go. But I just want to say that I know that the work I´m doing is true. Jesus Christ is our savior! He has the power to heal, which I´ve already seen in the lives of our investigators. I know that his true church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The way to come unto him is faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end. Pray to know its true. Cuz it is. love you all!

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment